Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer!!!!!




So we've been busy this summer, and oddly enough it's getting ready for fall. Tending the garden which has been doing very well this year. Although my radishes were a little disappointing - but for some reason I have NEVER been able to grow radishes. I will never understand why I cannot grow radishes.




We've also been splitting wood. I have been less than pleased with the hubby on that front. He'll complain of being tired after we split wood. He runs the HANDLE...Vincent and I do all the lifting and throwing of wood. I have figured out when we cut wood I will move a tree roughly eight times before it's ash. This weekend I moved about 2000 lbs of wood - TWICE. With a bum knee as well...but I'm the "weaker" sex. My eye! I may complain about cutting, splitting, stacking, hauling wood - but in the end it's worth it. Especially when we get our minimal gas bill in the winter. But I figure if I'm moving all that wood, I can complain about it if I want to :P




I'm still not working outside the home. Unemployment around here is through the roof and it's really sad. In no way does my family have it all that bad, we have plenty of food to eat, a roof over our heads, and our ship is in no way sinking. But I do miss working sometimes - I enjoy my kids everyday of my and their lives - even when they make me crazed. I give them credit too, they have a zest for life that is just unmatched! They enjoy themselves wherever they are, I do wish they'd enjoy themselves a little less in the grocery store though! :) But they have become more independent and don't always want/need to be around me all the time anymore. I have to admit I do miss that clingyness sometimes. I'm proud of the people they are becoming.
Bella starts Safety Town this week, Vincent -archery, and Lilly goes to art class. They are all pretty jazzed about it too. I'll try to remember to post pictures too :)

1 comment:

Twwly said...

My back aches for you!