Friday, August 7, 2009

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My children are very mad at me, not upset, they are MAD! Mostly because I have the nerve to ask them to clean their rooms. Bella is angry with me because today she isn't able to go outside and play, this is because she decided to throw a TWO HOUR hissy fit last night at bed time. And she's been in full blown tantrum this morning too. I am getting very tired of this "testing" of me. She has it in her head that if she whines enough she'll get her way, I do NOT know where this idea has come from since it's never worked in the past.

They are all tired of each other..and of me too I think. The girls are looking forward to school, Vincent not so much - but I think he's a little excited to get back and see his friends. But he struggles more than they do. School starts on the 19th for the older two and the 20th for Bella, so bedtime routines need to be getting earlier again. My children are less than thrilled about it all. But to send a tired child to school is a cruel thing to do to a teacher.

Today I am planning on grating up about a bazillion zucchini, I have gotten smarter and borrowed my mom's food processor. Last night I spent over an hour slicing cucumbers, made a cucumber salad and a full container of just sliced ones. I'm also thinking about roasting some chili's up too. My tomatoes are beginning to turn red, but it's just been an oddly cool summer - it's as if we are a month behind weather wise.

I've applied for my hunting licences - fall turkey, deer (archery, rifle, and muzzle loader) And I need to get out to the field to sight in my bow and gun. And just to get my archery skills up. The spot I normally hunt has become PRIME ground, as corn has been planted almost right up to where I sit. We have some people coming from Michigan this fall to archery hunt. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing most of the guiding. I need to start working out more to rehab my knee..or I'm never going to make it up and down these hills. Not to mention making it up and down them carrying all my gear or dragging a field dressed deer.

Well enough typing...off too work!

No comments: