Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Christmas Vacation!

I realize that it is just barely the end of October. We were given a memo at work today that the plant would be closed from the 24th of Dec - the 4th of Jan. This could have been a wage loser for me, but they decided that if you had vacation time coming in Jan 2009 you can use it for the time we're off. Now that being said I only have to use 2 days of vacation time! The 24th, 25th, 31st of December and 1st of January are paid holidays. Since I work nights I only work Monday - Thursday I'm not losing any work time on Fridays. So I only need to use my vacation time to cover the 29th and 30th of December.

So I get a 2 week paid vacation only using 2 days of vacation time! It will also be nice because the kids will be on their break from school as well.

Not too much new going on other than that. Work is still slow - but we are getting our 40 hours a week.

Kids conferences are Thursday, but I think they should go well. Bella went to the pumpkin patch on Monday with her preschool class. She loved feeding the goats!

So that's my life in a nutshell...boring isn't it? And I'm just fine with that :)

No comments: