Monday, November 3, 2008

Mondays

Mondays are odd for me now. After a weekend of sleeping at night and being awake during the day and MUCH earlier than I am becoming accustom to being awake, I get children off to schools and then I come home and cannot sleep. So now I am making up for the lost time this weekend by doing laundry and cleaning the house, ok and dinking around on the computer.

We went hunting this weekend and finally managed to get two deer. Which are now waiting to be processed. G and I will be making salami this week, after I get off work - which is going to suck for both of us. The last thing I want to be doing after I get off work is grinding up deer, but he's going out to Lake Andes to hunt this weekend and we won't get it done then. I always seem to forget how labor intensive it is to process everything. It's worth it in the end for one thing, we know everything that goes into what we process, it's much less expensive as well. But my kitchen always looks like a bomb went off.

I think I am going to hang some clothes out on the line today. It's supposed to be in the 70's and a bit breezy so they should dry nicely. I am putting one or two loads in the dryer just to get caught up. I never feel like there is enough time in a day anymore, or that I have become very lazy. Quite frankly I'm just really tired, I do not get a decent amount of sleep but then again I never have either. Someone at work asked me if I ever did sleep, and I took a second to think about it - I don't "sleep" as much as I "nap". My sleep pattern is a few naps in between the chaos of my life. I am fueled by coffee (home) and energy drinks (at work). It's crazy but it's just the way it has to be.

I am excited about the election tomorrow, history in the making! But there are many local issues I am riled up about as well. The abortion issue is BACK on the freaking ballot AGAIN - this has been voted down (shockingly in this state) FOUR times now. But it keeps rearing it's ugly little mug on the ballot. I just want to scream - HEY...did you NOT notice we voted against it? DUH. Plus the government can keep it's distance from my uterus thank you very much.

Halloween was good - candy overdose as every year. But that is part of Halloween! Lilly was a vampire, Vincent was Alice Cooper, and Bella was a princess. All looked adorable (not that I'm biased!) and they had a really good time. I will NEVER do full face make up on a child again, getting it off a cranky, sugar buzzed child is NOT fun and I swear I damn near had to sand blast it off!

hope all is well in your worlds :)

No comments: